As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
AUTHORS ARE REQUESTED TO FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. FAILURE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL RESULT IN DELAY/ AUTOMATIC REJECTION OF SUBMISSION
TESOL Bangladesh Journal (TBJ) publishes original research articles, review articles and book reviews in the research and practice of English as a second, additional, or foreign language. As with any journal, the purpose of publication is to advance knowledge of the field under study. Studies which are based on observations in a single country must demonstrate a connection to extant literature in other international contexts. Literature reviews must critically review current knowledge and indicate areas where further research is required. TBJ publishes one issue yearly and submissions may take between 6 to 9 months from initial submission to publication. The Editor’s decision is final.
GENERAL MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES/CHECKLIST
1. Manuscripts are submitted through TBJ’s submissions site: https://journal.tesolbangladesh.com.bd/ . Through this site, authors will find all the relevant information about the submission process and be able to track the status of the submitted manuscript at any time. This site will guide authors through the five-step submission process. Submissions that do not adhere to this procedure will not be considered for the review process.
2. Authors have to register first before submitting a paper.
3. The authors are to ensure that the submission has not been previously published, nor has it been submitted or is under review with another journal.
4. The author's name must not appear in the article itself for the blind review. Replace name with word 'Author' where necessary. All submissions need to be anonymous in the entire document too. Please indicate the author's name/surname as Author X, without the title of any article in the reference section as well, to preserve the anonymity of submission. Authors may wish to state the author's detail in the Title Page only, which will be removed when sent for peer review.
Authors are required to conform to the reference Guidelines to be considered for publication.
5. Authors are to check manuscripts for accuracy of language before submitting to the journal.
6. Please put all figures and tables in place in the text (rather than at the end).
7. Although TBJ is an electronic journal, 6,000-8,000 words articles are preferred (excluding references). In exceptional cases, authors will have to provide an explanation.
8. All manuscripts involving experiments with human subjects (student or teachers) must contain a statement that they have followed the ethical guidelines of their region and institution, particularly concerning the receipt of informed consent. All papers must comply with our full statement of “Author’s Ethical Responsibilities” listed here.
9. Notes should be endnotes and kept to a minimum.
10. Full-length articles should include an abstract of no more than 200 words and ideally 3-5 keywords.
11. The submission file is to be in OpenOffice, MS Word, or RTF document file format.
12. Where available, URLs for the references are to be provided.
13. The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses).
14. The work is the original work of the author(s). All work of others is properly cited. The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements of current APA formatting (APA 7th).
15. The editors reserve the right to reject without review poorly edited, incorrectly submitted, or improperly formatted manuscripts. The primary reason for initial rejection of manuscripts is because of incomplete or incorrectly submitted work.